Monday, December 28, 2015

Who doesn't love coconut oil!?

I've recently discovered the many uses for coconut oil! And guess what......I'M HOOKED!!!

I started using it when I had gotten sunburned. I applied it after my shower or before bed. In the morning the burning sensation was gone and the redness had vanished. With continued use I didn't have any peeling!

Then, I began using it as a deep hair conditioner. This didn't last long as no matter how many times I washed my hair, it didnt come out!

Soon after, I started to use it as my facial cleanser. I used a small Glad container(like the size you would use for salad dressing if you packed a lunch) scoop some in and then pop it in the microwave to melt. I then add baking soda, stir it well, put the lid on and flip it upside down. This way the backing soda settles around the top. Then what's left at the bottom you can remelt and use the next time.

About, 3 months ago I got an AWESOME product in my ipsy bag! The company is called Clarisea and it's ALL NATURAL! check it out I PROMISE you will NOT be disappointed! I recieved the Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant! It is AMAZING! I use it with my trusty coconut oil and it is MAGICAL!!

Finally, I just started oil pulling with coconut oil a week ago. There are so MANY benefits of oil pulling! From whiter teeth to balancing hormones! I clearly haven't been doing it long enough to see long term results however, I am seeing whiter teeth!

5 easy steps to oil pulling:
1. Scoop out about a tablespoon of oil
2. Swish the oil around your mouth(DO NOT SWALLOW) for 10-15 minutes. I usually swish for the length of my shower.
3. Spit the oil down the drain.
4. Rinse your mouth with water.
5. Brush your teeth.

What's your FAVORITE use for coconut oil? I'd love to try it out!

2 comments: